So the news has been floating around the area for the past 3 years. There were problems with the route, the planning, the construction, the price and everything else one could imagine being part of a bullet train running from Dallas to Houston.
I, for one, am excited about this because I don’t mind Dallas. I mean, it’s a fun city to visit, I have some great friends there and I’d MUCH rather ride a bullet train than drive my happy buns 5 hours north on 45. It’s a boring drive unless you’re a lover of trees.
With that said, here’s the 4-1-1 as I could find it through our local news outlets.
- The construction company has been hired. According to Chron.com, “Texas Central Partners said it reached an agreement with Irving-based Fluor Enterprises and The Lane Construction Corporation, based in Connecticut, for further refinement and study of the proposed route.”
- It still needs federal approval. Lord knows how long that may take.
- It will get you from Houston to Dallas at 200mph!
- It will cost $12 billion dollars.
- It will have a stop near College Station.
- The local station in Houston is expected to be on the site of the Northwest Mall at Loop 610 and U.S. 290, north of Uptown.
- It should be done by 2023.
So about the time 290 is finished they will be ready to send us on a 200mph ride to Dallas aboard a bullet train!
Follow me on the links below.
Follow me on Snapchat: mrnickrusso
Follow me on Instagram: kingnickrusso
Follow me on Twitter: @kingnickrusso
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kingnickrusso1