It is that time of year again, we are celebrating national fishing and boating day in Texas and because of it, no license will be required this Saturday in our waters! The Houston Chronicle reports that no all restrictions will be lifted, the size and quantity limits will still be in place.
Here’s a list of State Parks recommended by our friends at the Chronicle for family fishing trips.
- Needville: Brazos Bend State Park, 979-553-5102
- Galveston: Galveston Island State Park, 409-737-1222
- Huntsville: Huntsville State Park (936) 295-5644
- LaPorte: San Jacinto Battleground State Historic Site, 281-479-2431
- Houston: Sheldon Lake SP & WMA, 281-456-2800
- San Felipe: Stephen F. Austin SP, 979-885-3613