I sat through the halftime show just like most of the rest of America this past Sunday and quite frankly..I didn’t understand much of it at all. In fact, I felt like the majority of it was lip syncing and all glitz and no real singing. Don’t get me wrong, Coldplay, Bruno Mars and Beyonce are talented individuals; however, this was not their best.
I’m not trying to be one of the cynics who talks about how bad the Super Bowl halftime show was because I’m rarely impressed to the point of exaltation. Now, after watching this year’s halftime show and seeing the poor quality of sound and the divisiveness that has seemed to permeate the web because of socio-political differences..I think it’s time for a Country Music Halftime Show at the Super Bowl!
Here are 5 reasons we should have a Country Music Halftime Show:
- Our Country Music artists have been huge supporters of our U.S. Military. I can see it now…a huge tribute to our troops, service members and veterans.
- Country Music is family friendly. We won’t have half naked women bouncing their behinds and risque language.
- Country Music artists love to work together. You could easily get a half dozen or more different acts on the stage to really make it a halftime show to remember!
- Country Music fans are loyal and come by the mega millions! The halftime show would be one of the most watched of all time!
- Country Music is the perfect mix of God, family and good times and it goes hand in hand with FOOTBALL!
Maybe, since the Super Bowl is in Houston next year….we can get the conversation going with the Super Bowl people to get some Country Music on the stage at NRG Stadium during halftime next year!
If you agree, hit me up on the links below!
Follow me on Instagram: kingnickrusso
Follow me on Twitter: @kingnickrusso
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nrusso