I found this awesome article on Business Insider that gave some awesome facts about Houston! I’ve lived here for 3 months and I am already in love! Seriously, the best city I’ve ever lived in! Here are the facts from Business Insider:
1) It’s got the jobs. Houston is the No. 1 city for job creation in the U.S. By a lot. Since April ’14 we are up 309%!!!!! Next after us is Dallas with 223.6% increase followed by Washington D.C. with an increase of 171%. We are saving America! Well, Texas is doing good, can’t speak for everyone else.
2) Houston is home to more Fortune 500 company headquarters than anywhere in America except for New York. 26 F5 companies have their headquarters here! Including, Conoco Phillips, Marathon Oil, Sysco, Apache and Halliburton. In case you’re looking for a company to get in with…I’d check with these guys!
3) It hosts the world’s largest concentration of healthcare organizations, with scientists working hard to beat cancer. 21 hospitals, eight academic and research institutions, and 50 total related organizations, all not-for-profit. We can’t leave out M.D. Anderson which is aggressively pursuing cures for 5 different types of cancer! F cancer! We’re leading the fight!
4) It’s one of the centers of America’s lucrative oil and gas industry. This explains why I see so many women on Tinder talking about working for Oil & Gas companies!
5) A paycheck goes farther in Houston than any other major metropolitan area. I must need some tips because I have trouble saving my cash! At least I know I’m getting the most bang for my buck!