You know the best way to stop being annoyed by people on Facebook? Stop using Facebook.
Just kidding. We understand it’s not humanly possible to quit Facebook. So now . . . BACK TO COMPLAINING.
We’ve got a new list here of the nine most obnoxious things people post on Facebook.
It doesn’t include photos or links or videos, just status updates and wall posts. Check ’em out . . . Which one do you hate the most?
1. The “I’m living the life” brag. Example: “Guess who just got promoted!” or “Off to Hawaii!”
2. The disguised brag. Example: “Walking home from work three different guys whistled at me and two others made comments about my cleavage. Sometimes I really hate men.” Also known as a ‘humblebrag’.
3. Relationship updates. Example: “Tough day at work and I came home to a candlelight dinner. I am the luckiest girl in the world.”
4. The cryptic cliffhanger. Example: “This could be a biggggggggg day . . .”
5. The update that LITERALLY describes what you’re doing that day . . . and it’s not even interesting. Example: “Off to the gym, then dinner and watching TV.”
6. The public-private message. Example: “I miss you, when can we hang out?”
7. The out-of-nowhere Oscar speech. Example: “I just want to thank everyone who’s touched my life. Your support means everything and I wouldn’t have gotten through the past year without you.”
8. The incredibly obvious opinion about a big event. Example: “Thinking about all the people affected by the recent tragedy. So heartbreaking.”
9. Unsolicited spiritual wisdom. Example: “‘Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.’ -Buddha.”