Reporting Intern Bobbie
Forbes has just released its newest celebrity earnings ranking, this time for American Idol alums, and there’s a bit of a surprise this year.
Carrie Underwood has reined supreme as American Idol’s top earner in recent years, but this year Kelly Clarkson has reclaimed the top spot on the list. Last year, Clarkson placed fifth with earnings of $2.5 million. This year, however, she’s really bumped up her earnings and made $8 million in the last year. Underwood earned $5 million, placing her securely at number two on the list.
Some surprises on the list include the fact that fifth season contestant Chris Daughtry tied for second place with Underwood and Scotty McCreery, last season’s winner, came in at number three, earning $4 million in the last year.
A happy surprise is that Kellie Pickler made the list at #7, having earned $1.1 million earned in the last year despite losing her record deal.
Full top 10 list below.
1. Kelly Clarkson – $8 million
2. (tie) Carrie Underwood / Chris Daughtry – $5 million each
3. Scotty McCreery – $4 million
4. Jennifer Hudson – $3 million
5. Jordin Sparks – $2 million
6. Adam Lambert – $1.5 million
7. (tie) Katharine McPhee / Kellie Pickler – $1.1 million each
8. (tie) David Archuleta / David Cook – $1 million each