Not only does Zac Brown sing some sweet melodies, but he also cooks up some sweet dishes. One of those tasty dishes he’s giving us the recipe to so we can make it at home.
When fans go backstage at a Zac Brown Band concert they don’t just stand in line and get a picture and autograph. The Zac Brown Band treats their fans to an “Eat and Greet.”
Zac is quite the cook. He even had a food truck out at Rodeo Houston a couple of years ago. Although, it can be a little hard to cook and sing while on the road. That’s where Rusty Hamlin, Zac Brown Band’s executive chef come in.
Rusty has recipe for Chocolate Peanut butter Biscuit Pudding that will leave you weak in the knees. Partially from the combo of chocolate and peanut butter, but also because of the Jack Daniels used in the sauce.
Chef Rusty Hamlin’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Biscuit Pudding
• 8 lg. homemade biscuits
• 1 ½ cup. heavy whipping cream
• 1 cup half and half
• 3 cups white sugar (reserve 1 cup to sprinkle on top before cooking)
• 2 cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
• 2 eggs
• 4 tbs. melted butter
• 1 cup peanut butter
Jack Daniels Honey Sauce
• 12 oz. condensed milk
• 4 oz. Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey
• ½ tbsp. cinnamon
• ½ tsp. ground cloves
1. Crumble homemade biscuits leaving medium sized chunks in a large mixing bowl.
2. Beat eggs and both creams together and add to biscuit mix.
3. Add remaining ingredients for the pudding and mix well.
(Tip: biscuit size and weights may vary. The pudding mix before baking should be chunky enough to hold the chocolate chips but moist enough to take form to the pan. If it is too dry add more half and half, if it is too runny add more biscuits.)
4. Place in a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish and top with remaining sugar.
5. Bake at 400 degrees covered for 45 minutes – 1 hour. Middle should be firm and not runny.
6. Then bake uncovered for 10-20 min to brown the top.
7. While pudding is baking prepare the Jack Daniels Honey Sauce by adding all ingredients and warm.
8. Ladle the Jack Daniels Honey sauce atop before serving and garnish with any of the following: fresh berries, vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, créme fresh or bananas.