Another week is done and with BBQ cook off and Rodeo, it has been a crazy week. Ive been training for the MS 150 and taking donations as much as I can. But I need help. Team KILT needs your help!! So please give what you can, even if its only a dollar, anything would be great! Below you will see the link where you can donate. As I told you before I teamed up with Darque Tan as my sponsor for this event. I was suprised when I went into Darque Tan and found out about how your skin and and Vitamin D can help you prevent MS. Isnt that crazy! I had no idea. I never really realized how important proper skin care was, other than the normal sunscreen coverage and such. So it was cool to learn so much about vitamin D and proper skin care. So I wanted to share it with you so you will see how important Vitamin D and your skin are! Check this out!
Vitamin D and Autoimmune Disease
The immune system protects the body by defending it against invading microorganisms,
such as viruses and bacteria. It does this by producing a particular white blood cell to attack
unwelcome invaders. Autoimmune diseases are diseases in which the immune system attacks the body’s own healthy tissue by mistaking it for a foreign invader. When this happens, a specialized immune-system cell called a T-cell kills the tissue of the targeted organ. The most common diseases associated with the autoimmune system are multiple sclerosis and type 1 diabetes.
Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Multiple sclerosis is a disease that affects the central nervous system: the brain and the
spinal cord. In the case of multiple sclerosis, the T-cells attack the myelin sheath, which is the
insulation that surrounds nerve fibers in the brain and spinal cord. The body sends immune cells
to the brain and spinal cord resulting in nerve damage. Scarring begins to develop which causes
blocked muscle coordination, double vision, and eventually loss of nerve signals, including sight.
The prevalence of MS is greatest at latitudes farthest away from the equator; therefore, a lack of
UVB/vitamin D may contribute to increasing MS rates.
There are more than 100 times the rate of MS in far northern areas as in equatorial areas, where UVB is intense and the rate of MS approaches zero.
So as you can see its pretty interesting. I will spend the next few weeks, with the help of Darque Tan educating you on the importance of your skin! This weekend I am heading out to train some more. I only have 2 months to go for this race!!
Darque Tan: Caring For More Than Just Your Skin
Please Donate on the link BELOW!
- #TX2Night checks up on @UncleLucius & @brandonrhyder cbsloc.al/10ontME #KeepItInTheFamily #TexasCountryFANS #TXCountry 6 hours ago
- How do you think others see Americans?--> cbsloc.al/16xUvy9 7 hours ago
- Is it ok for an artist to forget their own song?--> cbsloc.al/16QhFzj 8 hours ago
- RT @isti13: About to meet @FLAGALine thanks to @TheBullHouston. So excited they are my favorite band 8 hours ago
- So @Jason_Aldean needs your help @ZUinTheBullpen will tell you with what next bit.ly/V273WD #INeedAFavor 8 hours ago
- Florida Georgia Line... Celebs Who Own Sports’ Teams! Moore, Oklahoma Goodbye Beckham!
- The Bull @ Taylor Swift... Houston Art Car Parade! Prince Harry In U.S. The Bull Top 20 Songs of the...
- Texas Rookie Mini-Camp And... The Elephants! Famous Hot Mamas! Whiskey and Wine
- Kardashian's Hit Houston What Is Kim Kardashian... Country Stars And Texans... Missing Teens Found Alive In...