Wilbur The Pig VS. The H.O.A. – An Update @ 8:10AM On Foley & Thunder

pot belly pig Wilbur The Pig VS. The H.O.A.   An Update @ 8:10AM On Foley & Thunder

Wilbur is a pig that lives in Spring, Tx. The HOA in the development where Wilbur lives has covenants against pot-bellied pigs residing there. Apparently dogs and cats are considered pets, but Wilbur isn’t. Here’s a video from Wilbur’s friendly owners who’ll join us at 8:10am this morning on the Foley & Thunder Show…

Comments

1. Missy Sardo says:

Thanks for your time this morning! It was great talking with y’all!

2. Thicket mom says:

Thank you Ms. Sardo. The HOA Board didn’t write the rules. Your actions are going to cost the HOA money that will require a special assessment to all of us. Are you going to foot that bill?

Also, that is a classless act putting the Board personal emails up on Facebook.

In 25 days, the pig will be gone and your 15 minutes will be up.

1. Missy Sardo says:

Their emails are public information as their are published in the Thicket newsletter.

2. Not an HOA fan says:

Nice. Just wait until you have a dispute with the almighty HOA and see how the Sardo family feels about your issue. Help make positive changes and quit thinking that all issues are black/white. There are grey areas.

3. M. Propes says:

I am so glad you are not my neighbor Thicket Mom. I have had Potbelly pigs for the last 17 years and got our first one specifically because they are highly intelligent and most like a 2 1/2 year old child. We got our first one as a “starter” child to hone are skills for when we wanted to have a child. That pig Hamelton was our baby. He slept in a toddler bed in our house that he shared with our rescue cats. I don’t know many livestock animals that sleep in a bed & use a litter box or go out to use the bathroom. He was easier to litter box train than a cat. I don’t know many livestock animals that use a litter box. He would cry actual tears when he was snubbed by one of our cats. We had to lock cupboards because he was smart enough to figure out how to get into things to get food. I don’t know any livestock animals that can do that. Hamelton had more in common with my children than he did with livestock animals. In fact when we would take him to pig shows he would not sleep because he was disgusted to sleep in straw and hated mud so much that he overheated rather than roll in the mud.
      We have not had any issues with our pigs. My pigs smell better than my cats or my dogs or even sometimes, my own children. They do not go and knock up neighborhood pets or poop in neighbors yards. They don’t bite, scratch or attack people. They don’t bark keeping people up at night. I went on to adopt 3 children and have 2 bio ones and I know that our pig Hamelton was a huge part of the reason I’m such a good Mom. You should be ashamed of yourself trying to take away this sweet boy away from his family. Do you know that many Pot-belly pigs that are removed from their loving homes die of a broken heart? I have many friends who do pet rescue and many cats and even dogs can go on to a new home with little issues but many Potbelly pigs go into such a deep depression they die. My own pig Hamelton got so depressed over the loss of his favorite cat we thought we would lose him. We had to adopt a guinea pig for him and he calmed right down. I have friends who do pet therapy with their pigs because they are such smart and loving creatures. Maybe you need to learn a bit more about these special PETS before you comment and assume this family is doing this for fame. This little boy is like a child to them! Shame on you for teaching your children that pets are disposable. I am teaching my kids a love of animals and that they are not just things that can be thrown away or tossed in a shelter.

4. John says:

If the HOA management company charges the entire neighborhood any sort of assessment, then the neighborhood needs to vote them out. Nice way to show lack of solidarity Thicket mom, now go crawl back under your rock, you troll.

5. Debbie Bryant says:

I notice “Thicket Mom” didn’t post under her real name. She obviously wants to hide behind a pseudonym. She has strong opinions, but isn’t gutsy enough to claim them. Probably because she knows she is in the minority in your neighborhood and knows neighbors will retaliate if anything happens to Wilbur.

6. Tammy says:

What a witch, thicket mom… I think wilbur was there before your HOA and should be grandfathered in!!!!

3. jose borromeo says:

DEED RESTRICTION OR HOA BY-LAW VIOLATED THE TEXAS CONSTITUTION. LEGAL LAWS SHOULD BE PASSED BY BILL AND APRROVED BY TEXAS CONGRESS AND SENATE THEN SIGNED BY THE GOVERNOR. YOU SHOULD KNOW YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS UNDER THE THE TEXAS CONSITUTIION. MY HOA HERE LOSSES TWICE DIMISSED BY THE COURT. DEED RESRICTION IN ONLY DONE BY INDIVIDUALS, NON-ELECTED INDIVIDUAL AND NON-PROFIT ASSOCIATION. LEARD YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS BY GOOGLING TEAXES CONSTITUTIONH.

4. jose borromeo says:

HOA CANNOT INCREASE YOUR MAINTENANCE FEES JUST BECAUSE THEY SPENT? THERE IS LAW HOW MUCH HOA CAN INCREASE.

5. Alisa Espitia says:

I will take wilbur. I have an 1 1/2 fenced yard for him. I have 2 chickens and 2 dogs and cows all around, but he would be great in my yard nothing to bother him, plenty of food.

6. Heather says:

I was reading some of the info on Wilbur and I came across some concerns about how people are saying that he could damage property and all that junk. I want to say this, ANY animal can damge property, and no person nor bill has a right to take a animal out of it’s home. That is like saying lets kick the people down the street out of their home for not mowing the lawn. Pets are pets, is my ferret a problem? She is a rodent! But I love her dearly. To say the pig is livestock is ridiculous. And all these people who are having issues with Wilbur have probably never experienced the love of what an intelligent pot belly pig can bring. You do not chose the animal, the animal choses you. And all the people against this make me sick! Animals have rights! And a voice! It might not be the voice in which we use, but coming home to a loving animal regardless of it’s breed is the best feeling in the world. HOA needs to stop the imaturity as well as the people who base life on how things look. Grow up!

7. Cheri says:

Thicket mom – the HOA wouldn’t need to foot any bill if they just thought about this rationally instead of a it as a black and white issue. This certainly is a grey area that could have taken a couple of short meetings to sort out. It certainly sounds like Wilbur is 100% loved by his family and has been raised as a pet, not wild stock. As such, regular pet rules should apply to Wilbur. I am part of a HOA and this issue could have easily been voted for at an annual meeting. I find the HOA actions ridiculous. The only bill being generated is due to the HOA’s inability to adapt.

Good Luck to Wilbur and his family

8. What is Wilburs facebook sight…I cant seem to find it-I want to give the Sardos and Wilbur my suport!

1. Debbie Bryant says:

It is under Wilbur Sardo.